Super Mums Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Mums Connect

We are a warm friendly and caring community forum for all mums and mums to be to come chat and make friends

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 95 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:16 pm
Top posters
tina (2097)
Tips for Bottle Feeding Vote_lcapTips for Bottle Feeding Voting_barTips for Bottle Feeding Vote_rcap 
mumto2kids (1835)
Tips for Bottle Feeding Vote_lcapTips for Bottle Feeding Voting_barTips for Bottle Feeding Vote_rcap 
jane (1771)
Jodi (1274)
EveryRose (1181)
MELS (1073)
Ellie (921)
Angel (742)
julie barnes (642)
marti (458)
Latest topics
» Can I have a name tag plz
Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:28 pm by tina

» Stammering
Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:21 pm by emma1976

» PISCES
Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:01 am by mumto2kids

» AQUARIUS
Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:00 am by mumto2kids

» CAPRICORN
Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:59 am by mumto2kids

» SAGITTARUIS
Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 am by mumto2kids

» SCORPIO
Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:42 am by mumto2kids

» LIBRA
Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 am by mumto2kids

» VIRGO
Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:29 am by mumto2kids

Affiliates

Tips for Bottle Feeding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jane
Admin
Admin
jane

Tips for Bottle Feeding Empty
PostSubject: Tips for Bottle Feeding   Tips for Bottle Feeding EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Bottle feeding

Bottle feeding has gone in and out of fashion through the decades and even though these days we constantly hear that ‘breast is best’, there are mothers out there who don’t breastfeed their baby.

Whether by choice or necessity, they’re bottle feeding. And along with bottle feeding comes a whole new set of equipment, choices and routines to become confident with.

How do I give my baby a bottle?

Before you start to feed, check the temperature and flow of the milk in the bottle to avoid any nasty surprises. The tightness of the bottle’s cap will affect the milk flow – the tighter the cap, the slower the flow.

* Hold your baby while you feed her. Don’t be tempted to prop her up with the bottle – not only could she choke but she needs time to be held.
* Get comfortable and support your baby’s head and neck. If your baby’s head is in the crook of your arm, you will be able to comfortably support and feed her. Tilt the bottle so that the teat fills with milk before offering the bottle to avoid your baby sucking air.
* Move the teat over her lips. Doing this will start her sucking reflex.
* Try for a burp. Take a break halfway though the bottle so that you can burp your baby. If you don’t get a burp, or she gets, upset, continue with the feed. Some babies want the whole bottle at once!

How much should I feed my baby?

* Follow the suggested amount on the formula tine, but as this is a guide only, do be prepared to reduce or increase the amount according to your own baby’s needs.
* Almost all babies want to be fed on a 3 or 4 hourly basis when they’re young.
* If you find that your baby always drinks her whole bottle, you may want to consider increasing the amount you make up each time.
* Don’t ever force her to finish her bottle – check her weight gain before becoming concerned about her appetite (or lack of).
* Always throw away any unfinished formula after an hour.

Back to top Go down

Tips for Bottle Feeding
Page 1 of 1