Super Mums Connect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Mums Connect

We are a warm friendly and caring community forum for all mums and mums to be to come chat and make friends

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 95 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:16 pm
Top posters
tina (2097)
Tips for Breastfeeding Vote_lcapTips for Breastfeeding Voting_barTips for Breastfeeding Vote_rcap 
mumto2kids (1835)
Tips for Breastfeeding Vote_lcapTips for Breastfeeding Voting_barTips for Breastfeeding Vote_rcap 
jane (1771)
Jodi (1274)
EveryRose (1181)
MELS (1073)
Ellie (921)
Angel (742)
julie barnes (642)
marti (458)
Latest topics
» Can I have a name tag plz
Tips for Breastfeeding EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:28 pm by tina

» Stammering
Tips for Breastfeeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:21 pm by emma1976

» PISCES
Tips for Breastfeeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:01 am by mumto2kids

» AQUARIUS
Tips for Breastfeeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:00 am by mumto2kids

» CAPRICORN
Tips for Breastfeeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:59 am by mumto2kids

» SAGITTARUIS
Tips for Breastfeeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 am by mumto2kids

» SCORPIO
Tips for Breastfeeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:42 am by mumto2kids

» LIBRA
Tips for Breastfeeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 am by mumto2kids

» VIRGO
Tips for Breastfeeding EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:29 am by mumto2kids

Affiliates

Tips for Breastfeeding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jane
Admin
Admin
jane

Tips for Breastfeeding Empty
PostSubject: Tips for Breastfeeding   Tips for Breastfeeding EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Public breastfeeding in public as a new mum can be daunting, but here are some helpful tips.

Wear suitable clothing: a loose fitting top which is short enough that you don’t sit on it is fine. It needs to be loose enough that you can lift it easily, and that it doesn’t hitch up all the way round. Alternatively, breastfeeding tops are designed so that you can get feeding access without lifting your top. These are great if you want to wear a fitted or longish top. Designs vary, and the best ones are cut to flatter the New Mum shape - bigger around the boob and not clingy around the tummy.

A long wide scarf or a wrap can also be a useful aid as you latch baby on if you want to screen yourself from neighbours. Make sure you pop one in your baby changing bags.

And of course, don’t forget underwear! Maternity underwear is a must, you need to be able to unclip quickly, and get something that fits properly. Try ordering a few styles in several sizes. Try them all on, jiggle about and keep only those that really fit and feel comfortable.

Try to spot when baby is hungry, don’t wait for him to be screaming. Most babies will have little signs that they’re hungry before they start yelling the place down and drawing public attention to themselves and Mum. You’ll soon get to know the signs, and when you see them find a good spot and get him attached!

If on the other hand you have baby like my first who would go from sleeping angel to famished and screaming in less than 10 seconds, the best you can do is have an idea of when he’s likely to be hungry and get ready. My little one was such a heavy sleeper I sometimes got him into place on my lap whilst still sleeping, waited for him to wake, then attached him before he knew what had happened.

Find a good spot to stop: to start with at least you’ll probably find it easier to feed sitting in a straight backed chair, perhaps in the corner so you can see who’s around, and with a large glass of water to hand. Avoid noisy places if you have a nosy baby as he’ll be looking around (and trying to take your nipple with him) rather than concentrating on the job at hand. I like coffee shops, there’s always somewhere to sit, drink is on hand, and you have something to do (eat muffins) !)
Back to top Go down

Tips for Breastfeeding
Page 1 of 1